We connect New York City’s youth (13-29) with compassionate healthcare in a judgment-free environment.
Through street outreach, online tools, and strategic partnerships, we are able to reach youth and adolescents in underserved communities while informing them about sexual and general health
Housing Works Community Healthcare aims to:
- Offer care coordination, healthcare and supportive services, to make housing and healthcare accessible to all.
- Serve young gay men, young men who have sex with men (YMSM), heterosexual men and women, active drug users, LGBT and transgender youth, the homeless or unstably housed, and individuals of color.
- Connect HIV-Positive and HIV-Negative individuals with lifesaving medical treatment, such as PrEP and PeP.
- Promote open communication about sexual and general health through our drop-in center.
- Provide group-level intervention through Many Men Many Voices (3MV), which addresses issues of identity, relationships, stigmas, and sexual health.
- Support individuals struggling with substance use in a judgement-free environment.
- Assist transgender individuals with safe transition practices, including hormone replacement therapy and guidance on gender reassignment surgery.
Our community of caring medical providers offers stability and security to the youngest members of our community, as well as access to routine, local healthcare to ensure a lifetime of positive health.
of patients would recommend our primary care to a friend.
Do you provide housing?
We have housing programs for clients who meet specific medical criteria, and also offer a range of additional housing resources –from LGBT friendly shelters to transitional housing programs – for qualifying individuals.
Do you help people find jobs?
We have a Job Training Program and Peer Academy for clients who have been enrolled in case management for 6 months or longer, and meet medical criteria. We also offer additional vocational resources as well.