Youth and Prevention Services
Housing Works' Youth and Prevention Services connects New York City’s youth with compassionate healthcare in a judgment-free environment.
Through street outreach, online tools, and strategic partnerships, we are able to reach youth and adolescents in underserved communities while informing them about sexual and general health.
Housing Works Youth and Prevention Services aims to:
- Specialize in serving young gay men of color, young men who have sex with men (YMSM), MSM and transgender people of color, of any age, active drug users, LGBTQ youth, and the homeless or unstably housed.
- Provide 4th generation rapid HIV Testing and Hep C Testing at no cost.
- Offer care coordination, healthcare, and supportive services, in order to make housing and healthcare accessible to all.
- Connect HIV-Positive and HIV-Negative individuals with lifesaving medical treatment, such as PrEP, PeP and HIV treatment.
- Promote open communication about sexual and general health through our drop-in center.
- Provide evidence-based interventions designed to address risky behavior and promote healthy choices for MSM and transgender individuals of color.
- Support individuals struggling with substance use in a judgement-free environment.
- Assist transgender individuals with safe transition practices, including hormone replacement therapy (HRT) and guidance on gender reassignment surgery, including assistance with name change from our legal department.
Our community of caring medical providers offers stability and security to the youngest members of our community, as well as access to routine, local healthcare in order to ensure a lifetime of positive health.
Need Help? Call Us! 347-507-2169
Send us an email at YPS@housingworks.org
of patients would recommend our primary care to a friend.
Do you provide housing?
We have housing programs for clients who meet specific medical criteria, and also offer a range of additional housing resources –from LGBT friendly shelters to transitional housing programs – for qualifying individuals.
Do you help people find jobs?
We have a Job Training Program and Peer Academy for clients who have been enrolled in case management for 6 months or longer, and meet medical criteria. We also offer additional vocational resources as well.